Why good education matters

Saturday, April 19, 2008

I am finishing my MBA this week. Looking back, time flew really fast. Things were hectic in school, and here I am, on the verge of graduating. So, what did I learn in these 2 years? Did it make any difference in my life? If yes, then how?

I have been a big supporter of good education. Not because it prepares you for a good job, but because it opens up the mind. It broadens the thinking horizon. Job is a by-product of good education. But more importantly, it grooms an individual for challenges in life.

Personally, for me, the school (MBA) has changed me fundamentally. If I compare myself from what I was 2 years ago, there is a huge difference. Yes, I learned the analytical skills, the formulas, the concepts..yada yada yada. But the core difference that it has made in my life is about the way I see the world. I have never been so confident about myself and my abilities as I am today. I believe that the choice of school matters a lot. Every MBA school teaches the same core MBA concepts, formulas, and analytical skills. But there are other "secondary" skills: overall development, leadership etc that vary hugely depending on the institution.

I am starting a new life from this week onwards. And where I will be 2 years from now, 5 years from now, or even 10 years from now will depend on what "secondary skills" I learned at the school. I am bustling with confidence and positive outlook. My goals and objectives that I have set for myself are much more reachable because of the change that I see in myself. Will keep you updated with the latest.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP